This week I spent two days up in Logan, UT for a Human Resources and Ethics Seminar. It was a great seminar and the opening speaker talked about Ethics. In his presentation he talked about positivity and how many case studies have shown positivity out ways negativity. He left off with a quote from Mahatma Gandhi and it is something that I though about and wanted to share with all of you.
"Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive, because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny."
He also talked about, before you go to bed each night, list three positive things that happened to you during the day. By doing this, your less likely to be depressed where in a study, those that listed three negative things each night were proven to become depressed.
Three positive things that happened to me today:
1. I was able to catch up on my work from missing two days.
2. I'm thankful the fence guy put a gate to the back common area behind my house so my son can play with rocks, which he loves.
3. I'm glad that I was able to make breakfast for dinner, which is my favorite:)
All in all.... Don't live off the negative.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing what you learned! I love that quote! I try to be positive in every aspect of my life, but it is still nice to have reminders.
that is a great quote, I'm going to put that into practice.
Post a Comment