After seven years of having stomach problems and Dr's. saying that it is IBS, I finally went to see a specialist. After running blood tests, they found I have a very high chance of having Celiac Disease, and will have my stomach scoped in a couple weeks to confirm. I don't know how to explain it, other than your body can not handle gluten and it fights with your body and destroys a part of your stomach. The fix is to no longer eat gluten, which includes every food I love... BREAD. For the next couple of weeks, they want me to eat lots of gluten, which of course I can't complain, so when they scope my stomach they will be able to quickly identify if it is Celiac Disease. If I am diagnosed, I will no longer be able to eat anything with gluten... ugh.... Here's to hoping that my stomach issues are not from Celiac Disease and maybe it is something more simple.
UPDATE
Two days ago I received my results and I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. My life has changed forever.
3 comments:
That doesn't sound fun. I hope it turns out to be something different - something more simple. Good luck - enjoy your bread!
That's going to make eating a bit more challenging huh? I never knew you had tummy troubles. Good luck! Like Erin, I suggest you really stock up now.
You can do it...we all can, oh wait. Some of us already do. And, psst. it's cEliac. Welcome to the dark side. :)
Post a Comment