Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Reunion- Flaming Gorge

Caution: Pictures may be scary as there was no make up or looking pretty!

We had a great seven days spending lots of quality time with all my family up at Flaming Gorge.
If it wasn't for my cute Grandma, we would have never had the opportunity to have such a great family, and thanks to my Dad for all the hard work putting the reunion together.
We headed up to Spirit Lake which was beautiful.
My Dad is an extremest when it comes to cooking food, so we never went hungry. As we were all cutting onion and crying, Grandma stuck matches in our mouth to stop the tears. It didn't work, and she said it was because we were talking too much and to shut up. You have to imagine her saying this, as she is deaf, so her communication of this is all in sign language... it was pretty funny.
We spent time boating, fishing and playing in the lake. I never did tell Carson how deep the water was. I'm sure he would not have been a fish in the water if he knew.


We rafted down the Green River and had a great time. The water was a bit cold at 40 degrees but the weather was perfect. Good thing we did not tip over, but came close a few times. Layne only yelled at Grandma and I a few times... not bad.

As the week went on everyone was getting the flu. At least three to four family members were down for the count. Carson ended up getting sick on Wednesday and of course I was next. Talk about wanting to be home in your own bathroom and bed when sick. By the time we left there were only a handful of people who still had not gotten it... lucky them.
Now I am looking forward to my upcoming three day weekend, just to have a vacation and rest up:)

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm glad you had fun, sorry bout the flu thing. But, dare I say that 'all' of your family was not there? Remember, we are some of the lucky ones, we have family around every corner...so it seems ;)