Monday, June 9, 2008

Put Your Coat On Before Reading This Post

Layne and I spent the weekend in Yellowstone and Teton National Forests. The whole time we were there it was cold and either snowing or raining. Even with the weather as bad as it was, we had a fabulous time. I need to remind you that this was a kid free trip, so anything we did was great! The first day we headed to Yellowstone, to find out they had closed the entrance because it was snowing too heavily. We then decided to spend the rest of the day in the Teton Forest. It was so beautiful and relaxing just to drive, listen to music and enjoy the view.

The second day of our trip, the entrance to Yellowstone had opened. It was still snowing, just not sticking to the ground, only the view of a winter wonderland. Our first stop was to Old Faithful which you can see it is amazing in the picture below.
During our drive through Yellowstone, we saw many animals and wild life. The picture below is a coyote, which we watched swim through the river and in front of our car and partially up the hill to shake off like a dog and to make sure everyone could take pictures of him. There were also many Bison. The picture below does not do justice. I missed out on the perfect picture and I chickened out. I took the picture of the bison below and then we moved up. My head and the bison's head were no more than two feet apart. I freaked out when his eyes rolled to look at me, so I rolled up the window to make sure the glass was between us and did not take the picture. We also saw deer, elk, a young moose as well as Bambi with his mom that was not even a foot tall. It was so sweet.


4 comments:

The Close's Place said...

That's freaky to see a Bison so close, glad you had a great trip.

Erin H said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the tetons in the rain - not sure why, but I do. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Janice said...

I hope we are that lucky when we are driving through to see so many animals. That will be the only thing keeping us pleasant by then.

Sara said...

The close-up animals are the reason we'll be taking Eli to Yellowstone this fall. He's always so upset when we hike around here that we don't see anything (I keep telling him we might if he'd be quiet). Beautiful pictures; I can't wait to go!