10 years ago I had just graduated from Salt Lake Community College with my Associates in Business and started at the University of Utah were I entered the Business Department to receive my Bachelors, which I finished in 2000.
During this time I was the State President for an organization called Delta Epsilon Chi, where I traveled, competed and presented. This was a blast because I was able to network with college students from all over the country.
I was also working at Sears full-time, in the Lawn and Garden department, selling lawn mowers and stuff. This was probably the most fun I had in a job. If I can remember right, I also won a trip in 1998 to the Independence Bowl for being the number one lawn mower sales person in the nation.
As for my love life, I did not meet my husband till 2001 so I was dating and having fun. This was a time when I don't know how I ever did it looking back. I would get up at 4:00 in the morning and go to school. After school I would go to work. Some days I would even go back to school after work and most nights I would even go hang out with friends till 2:00 in the morning. I'm not sure how I did this since I am always in bed by 9:00 now.
Things change after 10 years.
3 comments:
I had a housekeeping job in college at a really fancy resort. We'd have to work from 6:30-12:00 and then again in the evenings until 9. Then, we'd head out for the bars and stay out until 2-3:00 on a regular basis. I really don't know how I did it and lived to tell about it. The joys (and stupidity) of youth.
That's great you were the top sales person - no guy could say no to you!
Isn't it crazy to think of how much sleep we didn't get as college students? Pretty amazing durability.
I swear I need like 8-10 hrs daily or I can't function.
Post a Comment