A year ago, I left retail which I worked for 12 years and did not know any different..... till know. Here is a list of things that I have learned about and the reason why I won't go back to retail.
1. I have had every major Holiday off.
2. I have not had to work any nights.
3. I get the same amount of sleep every night.
4. All through December I found myself happy and was able to enjoy the season.
5. I have been able to spend more time with my little family but also mine and Layne's family.
6. I don't have to work weekends.
7. I had my first day after Thanksgiving off for the first time... I did not shop at all and will not ever.
8. I have spent more quality time with my Husband, which has been great. I hope he agrees!
9. I actually have friends now.
10. I have not been as sick as when I have worked with the public in the past.
Two things I do miss
1. The great deals of buying a shirt for $5.00 instead of $30.00.
2. All the exercise of running around all day. I actually have had to start watching what I eat and exercising... I have lost some inches already, so I guess I don't need to work retail to be in shape. I guess I really have one thing I miss:)
2 comments:
I'm happy you've found a better place! Why did it take you 12 years to leave retail? Sometimes I very much convinced that my life would be much much better if I changed mine too - but I'm not sure how much greener the grass is on the other side.
I always look forward to your weekend posts. So glad for your new found happiness, always twice as good when you recognize how great things are in the moment.
Post a Comment