
My mother was viewing my blog and mentioned that there's a lot about Carson and I and not a whole lot about Layne. I agreed and this post is in tribute to my wonderful husband.

Layne and I meet seven years ago on March 17, 2001. We went on a blind date which started out as just lunch up in Park City. We were having such a great time we decided to go bowling. After bowling we still were having a great time so we decided to go to a movie. My Mom says the day Layne picked me up for our blind date, she knew I was going to be with him. Of course she never said anything to me till about a year ago.

Layne is my computer nerd. As I laugh and say that yes, we have four computers in our house and there's only three of us... go figure. He works for the State of Utah as a Network/Database
Aministrator for the Finance Department. He can't get enough of the computers from work so he likes to play his computer games when he gets home. He goes in spurts which is nice, so he's not always playing on the computer. Thank goodness.

Layne and I are perfect for each other and compliment each other very well. We are both clean freaks which can be good and bad at the same time. Layne does not like clutter and I hate dirty so our house stays very clean, which is great since we both work full time. We also fight about who's going to DO the dishes after dinner, not leaving it always for one person to clean. I would always ask Layne if I could hire a maid when I worked retail and we were headed into the busy season. He would always tell me no, to just tell him what needed to be completed and he would do it. Yes I'm lucky. An example of how Layne is a clean freak.... If a dog poops in our yard it puts him in the worst mood ever. Why do you think we don't have a dog (we might as well).

Layne is also a great Dad to Carson and Carson looks up to him as a role model. Helping Carson try to figure out all the different sports like baseball, soccer and basketball. We of course have a long way to go till Carson will be a pro, but he tries. Carson also loves watching Layne play his computer games or Carson will play his own game while Dad is playing his. Carson and Layne also love watching action movies together.

Life has been pretty busy the last few years and Layne and I have both committed to spend more time together and enjoy each others company. I worked retail for twelve years, prior to my new job and just this last year we decided we needed to spend more time together. A year ago in April, I left the world of retail to be able to be home on the weekends and during the night. Now that I have made this step, we hope to camp and travel more since we could not do much when I worked retail.
I just want to tell my husband I love him very much and would like to say thanks for being a
wondeful husband and father.
3 comments:
Awesome tribute to your hubbie. No need to bed touch, it's obvious that you love him.
I would agree with Stacy, sounds like the bed theory is no good. Thanks for a great day today - I love our get togethers. Good idea!
What a nice story. And great pics too. I have to admit, as far as brother-in-laws go, he's a pretty good one! But you should tell the story about how you clean freaks have impacted your son. You know the one about your brother's wedding and the garbage can.
Post a Comment